07 April, 1993

Homeward Bound

Woke up, feeling fine. It was a beautiful, sunny day. We packed everything up and headed up to the mine for just one last short little session. Since we were starting to feel so good we both were a little concerned to leave. We wanna keep feeling good! Just 10 days ago we arrived in the worst shape of our lives. Honestly, if you only knew! Boulder Montana has turned into a happy place for us and after only ten days it was hard to leave! New people are arriving at the mines daily. The RV portion is starting to fill up.
9:00 - 11:00 RR. Visited with what now seem like "old friends".
Daily total = 2 hours
RR GRAND TOTAL
68 HOURS
(69 for mom...she beat me!)

After saying our goodbyes, we headed south toward Butte. Convinced ourselves that we needed to find our way to Phillipsburg since we had read that in this one town, there existed a sapphire shop and a chocolate factory.
Our two favorite things together! Why, the very town was calling our name! We didn't look at a map but found ourselves traveling about 4 hours out of our way. Jewels and Chocolate solve everything. That's what my mamma taught me!
The drive was actually beautiful. Snow, steep passes, rock falls, lakes..
Phillipsburg ended being a charming town. We commented all the way about how perfect life seemed now. Mom was able to get out of the car and actually have enough energy to stand, walk and look in stores! All w/o oxygen or help. My headaches are gone and my pain is dissipating daily. I could look in the shops without thinking about my pain. I could turn my head to look at anything and everything.

It is absolutely unbelievable!

Problem: How do you get two pounds of chocolate home from the store in a hot car? Solution: Eat it in the parking lot.

No comments: