31 March, 1997

...and the beat goes on


Day 4


Woke up stiff as a board. All my pains seemed even worse than usual, and that is pretty bad. Decided to take a drive up to Helena to replenish supplies (this is the wild west!) and to hunt down the Walmart Superstore (don't let mom see this - she hates Walmart). Helena is about 25 minutes away. Roads were clear. Weather was good.

We looked around Helena and shopped until about 3pm. We were really dragging. The weather had sunnied up and I'm sure that in the summertime and if we had been feeling better we could have found plenty to do. This is the capital of Montana. It is divided into several different sections. We stopped at the Triple A right away - okay, we happened to pass it, so we pulled in - and picked up some brochures, then we went cruizin'.







4:30-8:30 RR. Back to the Boulder and slept in our recliners while we continued to breathe.

In the past year I've started suffering bouts of iritis (arthritis of the eyes) where one of my eyes will get very very red and pained. Also for about the month prior to coming, I started getting a bright blue half moon shape appearing at night when I closed my eyes. This freaks me. I've been reading testimonials about the well water curing cataracts and iritis - hec, I'm here! Why not? Next to the restroom, there is a sink with the water piped up from below. Mom and I started filling our water bottles to drink it while we are here. We drink at least 1-2 bottles worth a day. I also started splashing the water in my eyes several times a visit. At first it stung. Now it doesn't.
Another interesting sidebar. At about this point, mom and I realized how very strange our dreams are here. We both have full out color, outlandish dreams. It's easy to fall asleep because we know we will be entertained. (Good thing, cuz there are no movie theaters !)
Daily total = 4 hours
RR TOTAL = 22.5

No comments: